Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Swamp!

My Tuesday was like:

9pm - can't find formal outfit for work
10pm - work! Started the day w/ client escalation!
1130pm - support huddle (1hr)
130am - client touch base (1hr)
230am - time and motion study training (2hrs)
5am - LUNCH! YAY! I'M SO HUNGRY!!!

Busy Tuesday! Waaaaah. Preparations were done in between meetings especially from Support Huddle to Clients Touch base since I'm the one preparing the things to discuss covering all KPIs.

I need to get use to training sessions again to prepare me more with my new role now. There are a lot of things to learn especially around financials! I received a DMT report that talks about margin, forecast and actual budgets and all I recognized are $$$. I don't have any idea how my boss came up with those numbers! Ouch!

In fairness, I'm really learning how to read my e-mail effectively. Haha. I'm now reading all e-mails that come my way. Although there are surprises here and there - what deviation file?? - I'm glad I'm slowly learning the ins and outs in this business.

So far, I am able to manage my time without saying, "Hey! 12hrs shift?? I'm not yet done with everything! I need to extend more!" Delegate, delegate, delegate. You need to learn to trust your people. Yes, there will be misses but you're up for greater tasks now so you need to teach them how to do it and to let them make their own mistakes to learn.



Lastly, follow through is the most important thing. You can't just start without acting on it. You can't claim that you did a good job if it was only a one time thing. Consistency is the key! This morning, I learned to check my sent items to see if there's anything that I missed or that needs me to follow up on items. I cannot keep on requesting action if I can't follow through with it or close it out.

Pending item though for me? I need to learn how to do things in a timely manner. Reports may not be that important anymore if the people who are supposed to read it are out for the day already. Time-constraint reports should be on top priority. Next: more face time with agents. Floorwalk! 70%-80% of the day, we should be talking to people and not just managing adherence, e-mails and whatnot. I need to allot time to that. See? Those I learned during my TMS training session this morning. Haha. Now I want to TMS myself. Lol.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment