Friday, May 30, 2014

Friends or boyfriend?

I feel guilty at times whenever I enjoy being with my friends when I'm with my boyfriend. It looks like I enjoyed it more with them than the other way around. Is it that bad?

Years ago, I learned from a friend, Lhouie, that you should always take time to whoever asks you first. If your friends asked you on a date and you agreed on it, you can't just cancel it just because your boyfriend asked you afterwards. It should be like a first come first serve basis kind of thing. You don't give up on your friends because of the love of your life.

But just the same, your friends should respect your time with your boyfriend. They shouldn't be jealous of him because you have a different kind of relationship.

Although sometimes, like yesterday, I feel guilty. My friends and I already scheduled going to S&R to eat out aside from registering to be a member. I asked my boyfriend to come with us since I want him to have the same experience and my friends won't mind. So after work, we went there and enjoyed food, laughing and sharing stories.

Rai and I was supposed to watch a movie but because we're stuffed with food, we were sleepy. He was also considering my shift at night so he did not push me in watching a movie. So we went home and I fell asleep.

I woke up then receiving a message from him that I was not able to comfort him about his problems at work. I totally forgot about it since I've been thinking that he's already okay since he'll go back to work already the next day. So right there and then, I felt really bad for him and myself.

Now I'm thinking, was it wrong to enjoy myself with the company of my friends even though I'm with my boyfriend? Or I just assummed everything was fine with my boyfriend? Am I just scared to be labelled as someone who's heads over heels with him when I'm in front of my friends? Or my love for him should be questioned already?

Oh, well...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment