Thursday, February 6, 2014

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid!

One double deck bed for two adults? That will work fine. One of them at the top deck while the other will be at the bottom deck. But with one fan that makes the top deck a storage? One bottom deck won't be good enough.

I can't remember when did my brother and I had a separate room but I remember trying to have one but to no avail, we always ended up sharing the bottom deck. There was this instance when I was supposed to have one room at the second floor but the plan failed since that will still be used by the new occupant. Second was when I used the last room at the second floor to hide for hours when I was in high school but after a few months, somebody will rent the room. There was also a time when I occupied the middle room at the second floor that I put wall designs using letters for me but I got kicked out of that room, too. I always ended up being with my brother in one room. I can't even remember since when did we start sharing this bed. Don't get me wrong coz I don't have any big issues or real complain about it... until now.

Our sleeping arrangements are usually on a "shifting schedule". Since he was in college and I work during the night, I sleep here during the morning while he occupies it during the night. But since he got a job with no fixed schedule, we're bull fighting as to who sleeps first or to cram ourselves in the bed -- his feet close to my face (!!!) and vice versa. Just like now that I'm on 8pm-5am schedule while he's at 11pm-8am schedule. Sleeping schedule overlapping! What happens now to the shifting schedule? Pfft.

We really never had this issue before. There were even instances that not only the two of us can sleep in that bed. But of course, we grew up and we're still growing! My brother is even taller than me now that sometimes they asks us on who's older. Lol.

Ending? While we can't, or probably won't, have our own rooms yet, I'll try to sleep with my body as straight as possible and I'm hoping not to wake up with my brother kicking me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment