Friday, February 7, 2014

Who are YOU to judge?

I took an escalated call the other day since the consumer that I was talking to did not get the line of credit he was applying for. Reason? It's because of his score that we gave to the company. It wasn't even our own scoring model to begin with but he fails to understand the basic knowledge I'm imparting with him. It's the first time he called our company and I'm pretty sure he's not knowledgeable enough with how we work. I'm not being judgmental here, alright? Just stating facts since most of our callers are saying they never heard of us until they got denied credit. So, at the latter part of the call, consumer was angry and telling me, "Who are you to judge my credit history? Who are you to say what company can I applied for credit or not?"

This scenario was playing on my mind while I was at home doing regularization and annualization forms. Regularization would be for agents who will turn 6 months in a month or less and this is also their "Judgment Day" since that's when they will know whether they will still stay with the company or not. The annualization on the other hand are for agents who are considered regular already and are up for an appraisal, or not, based on their performance since they got regularized. I believe most of us working are familiar with what I'm saying. Right? Hopefully.

Going back, I was doing 2 regularization and 2 annualization for my agents while I have 4 regularizations on default and 3 for upcoming regularization for another team's. To compute for the regularization, it's half-half. 50% will be based on their KPIs for the past 5 months while the other 50% will be from core competencies that we, coaches, will provide commentaries regarding their skill, knowledge and behavior. This is pretty easy if you may say but there are instances whether you'll draw the line. When will you pass an agent? What if his KPIs are good but behavior isn't? What if he's up for the challenge but only having problems grasping the idea (slow kumbaga) and his KPIs are failing? What to do?

In our industry, they say your coaches are the one who can decide, as a matter of fact, if you will still have a job after 5 months. But if you really think about it, this is like a teacher-student scenario. We don't do your grades/KPI.. we only compute it for you. Your KPI score should be far from the Core Competency score that we should be providing you. Although there are instances that we can 'manipulate' your core competencies, we can't do it for your KPIs. Hell, it needs to be approved by 4 managers so why will we jeopardize our position? There was even a time when they were sending back forms because of the KPI and core competencies grades are too far from each other. They always say, if his behavior is good, it will show in his KPIs and vice versa! To which I believe.

So, yes. I can tell how you were as my agent from the peiod that we've worked but I cannot judge you and decide whether you'll stay with the company or not. It's your own making. It's you who decide for your own fate. As for that consumer, we only compute your score based on your credit history. We were not the one who was paying late or exceeding credit limit. We were just reporting accurate information and computing facts. So, hell, even if you talk to my manager, s/he'll say the same thing! Bleh :p

No comments:

Post a Comment