Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Magkabilang Mundo

"Dito ay umaga at dyan ay gabi
Ang oras natin ay magkasalungat
Ang aking hapunan ay
Iyong umagahan

Ngunit kahit na anong mangyari
Balang araw ay makakapiling ka"

When I first heard this song, without knowing this is that "famous" song, my line of thought was: "Pang call center ang love life ni koya." Hahaha.

As most of us know, call center companies and employees do have a different time zone. Since a lot of these companies caters US of A, there's the usual 12-hour difference that makes our daytime the sleeping hours of a normal person that you sometimes notice you're dead tired on your way to work while someone is fresh from shower and on their way to work.

Since I've been working for this industry for more than 5 years already with a fixed schedule between 9pm-10am, I got used to it. But there were times that I feel like that my love life's theme song would be "Magkabilang Mundo". My boyfriend and I see each other almost every weekends to make up for the rest of the week that we don't see each other. We're not oceans away but we're far enough to waste P200 two-way transportation just to see each other if we want it to be a daily thing. I felt this theme song when he was still a student and of course, he goes to school during the day while I'm asleep and he sleeps when I'm at work. We were able to work just fine back then. He graduated last year and for months, we were able to live the "normal life" since we can talk whenever. But for the past few days? "Magkabilang Mundo" theme song is on repeat!

Since Rai started working, he's on a 2pm-10pm schedule while when I transferred to Canada LOB, I'm on 8pm-5am at work. The slave that I am don't go out at 5am but between 8am-9am. I knoooow. I don't have a life during the weekdays! I'm a slave for work that I don't want to be the opener/first shift coz I can't leave my agents and my last agent is until 9am! But because my love life is in jeopardy (jeopardy talaga?? Haha), I'm trying my best to go out at 7am (that's the earliest I can based on historical data) so that he'll be up by then. If I go home at 9am, there's no chance for us to really talk and share stories anymore but to just update each other as to where are we.

So far we're doing good but next week, I might just sing the song for me to past the time. Why? He'll be at 6am-3pm schedule while my time remains the same. Even if I go honda (on-the-dot) and go home by 5am, he's already on his way to work. I can't wait for him until he reach home coz I need to sleep, too! Ohhh.... Sacrifices, adjustments, etc. Things you need to do to make a relationship work.

Sometimes I wonder.. Probably it'll be easier if I'm single. But I don't wander that much. I won't trade this small of a problem with our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment