Tuesday, February 18, 2014

You're all I need, my love, my Valentine

I am one of the girls who succumbed (is it the right word?) to the holiday made by Hallmark: Valentine's Day. I know that we don't need this day to prove something with our relationship but still, it's a nice feeling to be pampered and all by your own boyfriend.

Contrary to belief (?), February 15 is not a day for somebody else's mistress because 14 is for the legal girlfriends/wives. As for this year, 2014, since Valentine's Day fell on a Friday, a workday for most of us, almost everyone decided to wait for the next day to celebrate it instead. If you're one of those who took the time off or used your vacation leaves for the 14th, I salute you for that! I wish you were able to enjoy the long weekend! As for me? I did enjoy it. ;)

Rai went to work to get me then we went off to Tagaytay. Although I know he'll be giving me something, I know he would and he should coz it's our post vday/monthsary, I was still surprised. :D He gave me Mr. Smith, a Siberian husky from Blue Magic. I was so touched with the gesture because he's dying to have a husky, the real one, and since he gave me one, even a stuffed toy only, it feels like I'm that special. I should be, right? Hahaha. Nonetheless, I was ecstatic. Also, he told me that I have a lot of teddy bears already so, "para maiba naman".

Rai, Mr. Smith and I then went to Tagaytay to visit Puzzle Mansion -- a Guinness record holder for having the most number of puzzle collections and she got the biggest puzzle done as well: 32k puzzle pieces! Her collections vary from 2D, 3D, 4D, wood, plastic, etc! She has known paintings, sculptures, structures, cartoon characters and even Beatles and Justin Bieber! Her collection is outstanding that I suddenly thought of my fondness of puzzles last year. Although I was able to finish one 1k worth of jigsaw puzzle, her hobby takes a lot of dedication and passion. No wonder she's a record holder!

Although the trip to the mansion is not that friendly, steep roads!!, you'll definitely enjoy the place. We were super amazed with her vast collection! Also, don't forget to try the creamy coconut pie before you go! Orgasmic!!! :)

As for souvenirs, we had our picture taken at the Puzzle Mansion's logo and had printed a jigsaw puzzle picture! (Please see my photo album if you want to see it! It's a hassle to post pictures through my phone T_T) We also bought this push puzzle that is so fun to play! I usually have it on my bag if I'm not holding it in case you're interested. ;) I even remembered Rai kept on saying, "Gusto mo bili tayo nyan? O yan? Ano gusto mo?" while pinpointing to different kind of puzzles at the store. See? I told you I am spoiled! Haha

After that, we ate at Mushroom Burger! I've seen the place a lot of times but I've never been inside it. Good thing Rai set my expectations that it's a fastfood place and not some kind of restaurant. I was expecting Sonya's Garden or Marcia Adam's level! And that's too high! Hahaha. The food was okay, didn't enjoy it much, but I was busy with the puzzle so... Yeah. Haha. I wish to finally eat at Bag of Beans sooner! We've been to a lot of places in Tagaytay already but I've never experienced dining there. Rai did already, though.

After that, Sky Ranch! Sorry again, Mama, if you were not able to join us but it's okay coz there's nothing spectacular about it. The ferris wheel is to go for if you haven't been to MOA but MOA's ferris wheel is way better. The rides were for kids and the zip line looks good though a bit pricey for P500 or probably because we've tried it before. But it was nice to stroll around.

A day well spent with 'the' boyfriend for Valentine's / monthsary. Thank you to his first salary as well. Hahaha! Although I felt like we really did spend a lot! O_o

So... How about you? How was your Valentine's? Did you or did you not celebrate it? Are you one of those who said that you don't need to spend it because you're spending "Love Day" every day with your partner? One thing is for sure: you definitely felt your long hair when you were given as simple as a flower or choc nut by your special someone on that day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment